Thursday, September 23, 2010

PLE as subset of PLN


PLE as subset of PLN
Originally uploaded by catspyjamasnz



If you google PLN (Personal Learning Network), PLE (Personal Learning Environment) links will come up too. 


Confusing, isn't it? The difference confuses me too. We're not the only ones. This might help.
PLE as subset of PLN, comment on Flickr posted with image

Someone in my PLN asked what the difference between a PLN and a PLE is. This is how I see the relationship - the PLE as a subset or component of the larger Personal Learning Network.
Just my initial thoughts, but can take it from here.

2 comments:

  1. Vanessa

    I have now only three people who I learnt English from online except you. Only one of them has his blog.
    He advised me to learn English on EFI in 2004. Since then I exchanged e-mail with him in English. He taught me English grammar and writing by e-mail. He has been my English teacher. His nick name is Takaramn. He loves English. I'd like to start my PLN with him.
    Sadamu

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many ways to set up and organize a PLN. However, I don't understand what you mean by "starting your PLN with someone. Could you please explain?

    A PLN is also a network of resources. Why aren't you looking for new resources too?

    Also, since this is part of a project for the study group, I expect:

    a) the group will be part of your network

    b) you will share network and resources with the group.

    I think it is time for more discussion about PLN's - and PLE's too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...